Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes at BPP Jersey
The undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications listed on this page are awarded by BPP University. BPP University is part of the BPP Professional Education Group. However, BPP University is a distinct legal entity with its own degree-awarding powers granted by the UK Privy Council.
An independent university solely dedicated to business and the professions
BPP University offers undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications and is dedicated to preparing you for a professional career.
BPP University offers a strong commercial approach, within a business culture designed to help you stand out in the workplace after you graduate. The programmes are designed in partnership with employers and respected professionals in the fields of law, business, finance and health.
BPP University delivers a range of both face-to-face and online programmes. A selection of current online degrees are listed below:
To see the full range of face-to-face and online programmes offered by BPP University, please visit bppuniversity.ac.uk
BPP University's LLB (Hons) [Distance Learning] programme is specially designed to help you study through BPP University's innovative distance learning classroom. Recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Bar Standards Board (BSB) as a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD). BPP University's law degrees are ideal if you want to move on to the Legal Practice Course (LPC) if you want to be a solicitor or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) if you aim to be a barrister. You can use the knowledge and skills you learn to open the doors to a wide variety of rewarding careers.
The LLB (Hons) [Distance Learning] programme is awarded by BPP University.
- You will learn from a mix of experienced academics and legal professionals
- You will have access to your programme leader and tutors through an online classroom environment
- It is designed specifically for students who cannot attend a BPP University study centre, but want to study a Qualifying Law Degree at one of the top law schools in the UK
- You will benefit from online delivery of lectures, small group tutorials and associated online learning materials
- A specialist Pastoral Student Manager for the LLB (Hons) [Distance Learning] will provide pastoral care and offer study skills support
- You can plan and chart your progress through your degree with a structured study planner for each year of study and structured study guides for the foundation modules
- BPP University operates a collaborative learning environment to encourage and develop your network
- You can, subject to BPP University’s general eligibility and admission criteria, secure a place on BPP University's LPC or MA (LPC) with Business if you obtain a minimum 2.2 on BPP University's LLB (Hons) [Distance Learning] degree
- There is the option to attend a programme induction and a revision support weekend at BPP University's London Waterloo study centre
- In your first term you will study the LLB Plus module which provides you with the knowledge and skills to complete the LLB (Hons) programme to the best of your abilities; providing general guidance to practicalities such as communication, time management and organisation
The LLB (Hons) [Distance Learning] programme is designed for UK and international students that want to study for a Qualifying Law Degree at one of the top Law Schools in the UK but can’t attend regular face-to-face sessions at our study centres. BPP Universty's Distance Learning option uses BPP University's innovative online classroom to deliver the programme. It is a structured yet flexible programme that draws on BPP University's experience in delivering distance learning programmes to give you the option to study full-time or part-time.
This is a skill based practice-focused degree that is designed to give you the professional and transferable skills for your career as well as the higher cognitive skills required at Honours level.
Putting your skills into practice
You'll learn how to apply core employability skills in a legal context. In particular, you will develop the ability to:
- Undertake legal research
- Identify legal issues and put forward appropriate solutions
- Analyse cases and statutes
- Construct legal arguments
BPP University's LLB (Hons) [Distance Learning] programme has three start dates each year; September, January and May. You can study full-time over two or three years. Alternatively, if you wish to combine study with work or other commitments, you can choose to study on a part-time basis, and complete your degree within four to six years.
Studying your LLB (Hons) [Distance Learning]
For those that want a flexible approach to their study, without any compromise on quality, technology has made it possible for you to study your degree anywhere and (almost) anytime with BPP University's online classroom.
The Distance Learning programme is delivered fully online through a mix of lectures, small group tutorials and associated online learning materials and provides student centred learning through the use of synchronous online tutorials. You will receive a structured study planner for each year of study to enable you to plan and chart their progress throughout your degree and structured study guides for the foundation modules. You will also be given a programme of formative assessments and regular feedback.
The Distance Learning option still provides a range of support and the opportunity for group study through:
- Online office hours via online classrooms and monitored discussion boards
- Assigned and grouped online classes for students as part of the teaching experience
- Opportunity to attend live revision and programme induction sessions in the UK
- Grouped online space for study groups to assist their members development and progress on the programme
Each term is framed by ‘Headstart’ and ‘Revision’ sessions and broken up by a Reading Week in the middle. This allows you to ease your way into study and to study intensively before examinations. It also facilitates a break at the midway point of each term and gives you time to consolidate your studies and reflection.
Students will have the option to attend a programme induction and revision support weekend at our London Waterloo study centre – these sessions are included as part of the programme fees.
Please contact BPP Professional Education, Jersey on 01534 711800 for more information.
Please note that the LLB (Hons) is awarded by BPP University. BPP University is part of the BPP Professional Education Group. However, BPP University is a distinct legal entity with its own degree-awarding powers granted by the UK Privy Council. More information can be found at bppuniversity.ac.uk
The Graduate Diploma in Law is sometimes referred to as the conversion course for non-law graduates who want to qualify as either Solicitors or Barristers. The GDL satisfies the professional body requirements of the academic stage of training for Solicitors and Barristers.
BPP University Law School’s GDL gives you more weekly contact time and more ways to study than any other leading provider with full-time, part-time and online study options, at locations across the UK. It’s a highly flexible programme, and we’ve created extra optional content (including Company Law) as well as an additional professional skills programme developed in conjunction with some of the leading city law firms. All designed to prepare you for practice, polish your performance and boost your prospects.
BPP University is a highly respected law school and provide legal training exclusively to 60 leading law firms because of the professional relevance of our education and the high quality of our teaching, facilities and learning materials.
The Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) is awarded by BPP University.
- Weekly catch-up or consolidation sessions in all subjects
- All classes and materials are available online for consolidation and revision catch-up
- Dedicated personal tutor support throughout your studies
- Learn about specialist areas of practice in GDL Extra
- Tutorials are live at all locations for all modes. Online students receive live, interactive online tutorials
- Enhance your employability with our professional skills programme
- More ways to study choose face-to-face, online or both
- Access specialist careers advice from the moment you accept your place, until you secure your first legal position
- Flexibility when you study; weekdays, weekends, daytime or evening (dependent upon location and mode of study)
- All GDL January lectures are delivered online. September lectures are delivered face to face, online, or a combination of both dependant on location and mode of study.
- Two start dates a year in January or September
The Online GDL
The online programme is a flexible, fully taught mode of study. You will follow a structured weekly study programme of classes using BPP University’s Online Classroom Live. This is live, synchronous classes with the same BPP University Law School tutors who teach in our study centres.
You will experience the same classes, study with the same materials and online library resources and take the same exams as all GDL students. We recognise that distance learning students have specific study needs and have been successfully supporting distance learning students through their studies for over 15 years. You will also have a dedicated academic tutor in each module and pastoral tutor support you in your progress on the programme.
Although the GDL exams take place in the UK, BPP University can permit students to sit their examinations overseas in agreement with their overseas examinations office as to an appropriate examination centre and appropriate times synchronous with the UK examinations. Each year, over 100 GDL exams are taken overseas.
A range of extra-curricular activities are run for online students, such as mooting and BPP University's award winning pro bono opportunities. Students can also access the BPP University Careers Service as soon as they accept a place.
The online programme is offered on a full-time, part-time weekend and part-time evening basis
You're given access to an unrivalled range of additional modules, designed to get you ahead and give you the edge in interviews. Highlights include:
- Company law module
- Further specialist law modules – start specialising early in areas such as Intellectual Property or Public International Law, so you can demonstrate more expertise than other graduates.
- Professional Skills modules developed with leading city firms – Featuring areas like legal writing and legal research.
Specialist careers advice
From the moment you accept your place until you secure your first legal position, you can use BPP University's careers service. With BPP University's one-to-one support, the aim is to give you the edge when it comes to getting a training contract or pupillage. You'll have everything from access to our vacancies database to advice on filling out application forms, intensive interview coaching, employer research and networking opportunities with top firms.
Assessment - The programme is assessed using:
- One examination per module
- Statute analysis test
- Case analysis test
- EU Project and CBT assessment
- Multiple choice test on the English Legal System
- Independent research essay
Independent research essay options
BPP University offers a wide range of titles, and will always consider individual topics suggested by students. Current options include intellectual property, succession, company law, family law, housing law, medical law and public international law.
Please contact BPP Professional Education, Jersey on 01534 711800 for more information.
BPP University is part of the BPP Professional Education Group. However, BPP University is a distinct legal entity with its own degree-awarding powers granted by the UK Privy Council. More information can be found at bppuniversity.ac.uk